determined irish dancer from Brady Academy, Western Canada 🍀🍁
Some good stretches for your regular splits are:
- Deep lunges and lean forwards, try to get your elbows on the ground.
- Hold your splits as far as you can for a couple of minutes every day, and it will get easier.
- If you are close to your splits, or are fully down in them, put your front leg on something raised, like a book, to get your splits completely flat, and your oversplits. Gradually increase the size of the object to increase the stretch.
- Repeat this with your back leg raised instead of your front leg.
- While you’re in splits lean forwards and reach your foot. This will help your heel stretch and bow and arrow ect.
- Stand in a door frame and put one leg up against the frame either in front or to the side of you so you are in splits, and use the other side of the frame to push your body towards your leg.
Some good stretches for center splits are:
- Sit in a straddle position with your legs as wide as you can and hold for 30 seconds, then push yourself a little further and hold.
- Lean over to each side towards your foot and try get your chest to your knee, and then lean to the front and try to touch your chest to the floor.
- Go as far as you can into straddle splits and hold it for a few minutes.
- Lay on the floor on your back with your legs raised straight up in the air. Drop your legs apart as far as you can and try to get your feet to touch the floor.
Hope this helps, good luck!